Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Doomsday Scenario: Seattle to L.A. in a 2004 Land Rover Freelander

Tiffany: because she is high maintenance 

I usually don't take these kind of trips in the winter, but we decided we'd test our own 2012 doomsday scenario and take my 2004 Land Rover Freelander over the Siskyou and Mt. Shasta passes.

I did some Freelander "Prepper" work and took her into the Seattle Land Rover dealer for a scan and oil change. I also had them look at the Transmission fluids normally a change required at 60k (I'm at 51k) now. All ok, except, there is a slight oil leak at the head gasket and there is wear on the accessory belt, all due + timing belts at 60k, so I'm going to take my chances on this trip and get those done in the spring.
Also checked windshield wipers and fluid, also good and new All weather Toyo Eclipse M&S (Mud and Snow) tires.  I had chains from my Jeep but when I tried to fit them, they were too large so I'm leaving them behind.
Merry Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment